The Parks and Recreation Department’s primary concern is the health and safety of our members. program participants, staff, and their families. In accordance, we will continue to monitor this changing situation and provide an update by May 22, 2020. If you have any further questions, please contact the Parks and Rec Director Andrew Deavers.
|Summer Camp Session||Dates|
|Session 1||June 3 - June26|
|Session 2||July 6 - July 29|
Why Southside Camp for Your Kids?
WE ARE FAMILY!
- Possible Camp Events: Kona Ice, Donuts on a String, Art projects, Wacky Wendesdays, Hamster Balls, Laser Tag, Water Slides and Events, Shaving Cream Wars, Dunk Tank, Bingo Days, Popcorn and Movies, Animal/Reptile Show, Parachute Games, Play at the Park, and more.
- Friday Lunches: Sloppy Joe’s, Tacos, Chili Dogs, Burgers, Chik-Fil-A, Pizza
- New Friends and Games
- Safe and Supervised with freedom
Get ready for another amazing year of Southside Camp! Our campers will be thrilled that Clair Piczak, Mrs. Key, and Jeff Carrus will be back again this year to lead our camp! This year will be another amazing experience available only to Southside residents. Campers must be season pass holders of the Southside Place Parks Department. If your family is not yet a season pass holder or if you have any other questions about camp, please contact the Parks and Rec Director Andrew Deavers.
We offer Pre-Chool (Small Room) camp for 4-6 year olds and a Big Room camp for those 6 years and up. Parents can place their 6 or 7 year old children in the Big Room and request a little extra attention to ensure a smooth transition from the Small Room.
- All campers must submit an updated immunization record before attending camp (State Law)
- All campers must have a Southside Place Season Pass and be in good standing.
- Children under the age of 10 years must be signed out of camp by a guardian or an adult on parent’s approved list and children that leave camp for any reason are considered checked out of camp.
- But your camp t-shirt online when you register.
- Campers provide their own lunch, except on Friday’s, when they may buy lunch at an additional cost.
Register here beginning Thursday, March 5, 2020. No child will be admitted into camp without being registered or pre-registered or without having a copy of their immunization record on file. Only NEW or UPDATED records need to be submitted to City Hall. If your child attended camp last year and their immunization records have not changed, you do not need to submit another copy this year.
To register your child:
- Choose your preferred options of dates
- Complete all required information including medical and emergency contact information, print and return the liability release and indemnification form, and buy t-shirts (optional) available in youth and adult sizes.
- All registration must be completed online. As of January 1, 2020 there is a 3.5% fee for all online transactions, but you may select to pay by check by selecting the "Pay Later" option at check out.
- Checks, immunization records, and release forms may be turned in at Southside Place City Hall. REGISTRATION WILL NOT BE COMPLETE UNTIL ALL FORMS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED. Payment must be received by the first day of camp or your child will be unable to participate.
- Completed registration is due by Friday, May 29, 2020. Please be observant of the deadline so that we may plan staffing and programming. A late fee of $25 per child will apply for all late registration. Small Room and Bridge priority registration will be based on date application is received.
|Small Room||Full Session||$440 per session|
|Small Room||Per Day Rate (Select your choice of dates)||$30/day|
|Big Room||Full Session||$320 per session|
|Big Room||Per Day Rate (Select your choice of dates)||$25/day|
|7th Grade and Above||Registration Fee Only||$40|
|10-Day Pack||Good for any child within your family, either session||$40|
Pre-School Camp (Small Room)
The Pre-School camp for ages 4-6 offers lots of supervised fun, including art projects, story time, park visits and plenty of play time. All children attending must be fully potty trained. The Small Room camp runs daily, from 10AM unti 4PM. Campers provide their own lunch.
Big Room Camp
This program is designed for children ages 6 and up. Daily activities include a variety of fast-paced games and arts and crafts. Big Room campers can also use the park, pool, tennis courts, playground, basketball courts, and ball field as mutually agreed upon between parents, camper and camp staff. The Big Room camp runs daily from 10AM until 4PM. Speicific counselors are assigned to tend to the younger campers to ensure that they receive the attention and comfort they need.
7th Grade and Above
Campers entering 7th grade and above pay a registration fee only. This fee covers the entire summer so your child can come and go as they like.
Daily Drop-Ins and 10-Day Packs
Any registered or pre-registered camper can drop-in for $50 per day. In addition, 10-Day packs are back by popular demand. Buy a pack of 10 one-day passes and come to camp the days you can. The 10-Day packs may be used for any child within your family for either session, but are not transferable to friends.
Southside Camp is for residents of Southside Place only. If you have an out of town guest staying at your home, they may attend camp with you for up to two weeks. They will need to register and pay either by the week or daily. Guests that are 7th grade and above will be charged the daily drop in rate of $30 per day. All others are to pay $50 per day. There are no exceptions.
Counselors must be at least 15 years old as of June 1, 2020. If you are interested in applying