Updated on 12/15/2020
As of May 1, 2020 the tennis courts have re-opened.
As of October 14th, 2020 the playground and pavilion have re-opened.
The basketball court will remain closed until further notice.
Tennis court reservations can be made here:
RESERVE TENNIS COURT
These rules exist for the purpose of maintaining our courts and providing an opportunity for all Southside Place Park season pass holders to use and enjoy them. Each Member is asked to cooperate, and to assist in enforcing them. When in doubt about the rules, please err on the side of being considerate of your fellow Members.
- Only MEMBERS and their GUESTS may use the courts. Guests may use the courts only when playing with a Member. This includes lessons.
- Members who arrive to find only non-members playing on a court are within their rights to ask the non-members to vacate the court immediately.
- Courts 1 and 2 may be reserved for play through the on-line reservation system. Courts reserved through the on-line reservation system take precedence over walk-up players.
- Click here to reserve a court. You must be registered as a Southside Resident and Season Pass holder.
- If a reserved court is not claimed within ten minutes, a walk-up player (without a reservation) may claim the court.
- Court time is limited to two hours of play. Reservations can only be made for a maximum of two hours per day.
- A walk-up player (without a reservation) awaiting the arrival of an opponent may not hold a court.
- Rallying or practice counts towards the allotted time limit.
- Members may arrange to take tennis lessons on the courts.
- Members must make the reservations on behalf of the student who will be receiving the lesson.
- Both tennis courts may be reserved for certain sanctioned activities such as tennis lessons, club team matches, club team tournaments, or tennis socials with the prior consent of the Parks Dept.
- Players are expected to wear appropriate attire. Shirts must be worn at all times. Bathing suits are not permitted. Sneakers or tennis shoes only may be worn on the courts.
- Bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, and pets are not permitted on the courts. No ball playing of any kind other than tennis is permitted. Sitting or leaning on the nets is damaging to the nets and net straps and is strictly prohibited.
- Please help keep the courts and surrounding area neat.
- Water bottles, tennis ball cans, and all other debris should be placed in the trash receptacles provided.
- Park visitors and their children are asked not to throw gravel on the courts. It defaces and damages the court surface and is a safety hazard for tennis players.
- Please be considerate of others so that the courts may be enjoyed by everyone entitled to use them.
- Do not walk or stand in back or between courts while play is in progress.
- Return balls to other courts without interfering with play in progress.
- If you are entering or exiting the courts, please wait until the players have finished their point, then move quickly to the gate.
- Keep the backboard court free if you are playing with a partner. That way, individuals can practice alone on the backboard.
- Children under the age of 7 may not be on the courts without an adult. Players may ask noisy, disruptive children to leave the courts.