Parks & Recreation
Are you interested in working with the Southside Parks and Rec Department? Summer job and volunteer opportunities are available now. Applications can be found here. For more information contact the Parks Director, Andrew Deavers.
2021 Season Pass
Registration for the 2021 Season Pass is now open. Get your 2021 Season Pass here.
Each season pass will be allotted only 1 active access card.
Health Alert - COVID-19
The Parks and Recreation Department's primary concern is the health and safety of our members, program participants, staff, and their families. In accordance, the following measures are currently in effect.
Updated on 04/15/2021
- Playground- Note that playground equipment, gates, and furniture are not routinely disinfected; use of playground equipment will be at your own risk. Please continue practicing social distancing and follow personal safety guidelines while visiting the parks.
- Clubhouse- Open for rentals, provided that groups are limited to 60 people. Groups larger than 10 will need to apply for a special event permit.
- Pavilion- Open for rentals, provided that groups are limited to 30 people. Groups larger than 10 will need to apply for a special event permit.
- Clubhouse deck/patio- Open for rentals, provided that groups are limited to 60 people. Groups larger than 10 will need to apply for a special event permit.
- Field- The field is open for use on a first come, first serve basis. The field may not be reserved or rented.
- Tennis courts
- Basketball courts
We urge you to visit the CDC's website for the most current information on COVID-19.
For questions, please contact our Parks and Recreation Director, Andrew Deavers (email@example.com).
The Parks Department shall strive to enhance the living experience of the City of Southside Place by providing both public and private facilities for which our citizens will be proud and which help serve the needs of our community, to provide a safe play environment, and constructive and creative leisure opportunities for our children and families, to oversee the measured development and continued maintenance of the park and its facilities, while operating in a cost effective, fiscally responsible manner.
*Member of The Texas Recreation & Park Society and National Recreation & Park Association