Southside All-Stars Swim Team 2020
General Information about the team:
- Costs this year will be a flat rate and include both the team shirt and a cap:
- Age: 12 & Under - $250
- Age: 13 & Up - $150
- Registration begins Thursday, March 5th and closes Friday, May 8th, because we put each swimmer’s name on the shirts, we are unable to guarantee that swimmers registered late will be listed on the shirt. Please Register here.
- The All-Stars are part of the Souhtwest Aquatic League, or SWAL. We swim meets against Bellaire, West University, Willowbend, and Briargrove. Our team is combined with Briar Meadow and the JCC to form a competitively sized team called Southwest United (SWU). You sill see us referred to as SWU on all league information.
- T-Shirts are available in youth and adult sizes. Select sizes at the time of check out.
- Luau in the Park: Thrusday, March 5th 5:30PM - 7:30PM. Information Night at the Clubhouse
- Pizza Party Kick-Off: Sunday, May 10th 5:00PM - 7:00 PM at the Pavilion
- First Practice: Monday, May 11th (times below)
- New Parent Volunteer Training Session: Tuesday, May 19th 5:00PM - 5:30PM
- Practice Days: Monday - Friday (No practice on Memorial Day or meet days) See calendar for times.
- End of Season Banquest: Friday, June 19th 5:30PM-7:30PM Clubhouse (Potluck dinner and wards followed by swimming)
- We have the same swimsuit design as last year - Texas Swim Shop will be at practice one day in May to sell suits for swimmers. The date will be announced.
- Have a Southside Place Season Pass and be in good standing. For more information about this, please contact Andrew Deavers.
- Sign up for two volunteer spots per family. If you are unable to attend, please reach out to find a replacement.
- To participate in league meets, swimmers must be able to swim the length of the pool unassisted. Our team supports water independence and is willing to take on swimmers from the ages of 3 or 4 who can tread water. Any swimmers under the age of 5 should be cleared by out team coordinator or the head coach to swim.
- To particpated in meets, swimmers should have our team suit. The team suit can be purchased at a Suit Purchase Day in May. More information will follow regarding this date. We use Texas Swim Shop (10429B S. Post Oak, 713-723-0910.) Susan Mathern owns the shop and is familiar with our team.
Swim Meet Information:
- Meets are held in two parts:
- 6 & Under: 4:30PM Warm-up/5:00 PM Start
- 7 & Up: 6:00PM Warm-up/6:30PM Start /Meets typically end between 9:30PM and 10:00PM
- League rules state that 6 & Under swimmers must be able to swim the length of the pool without assistance in the water to compete in meets. This rule does not prevent your child from joining the team for practices and the fun meet, and we encourage you to still sign them up as it is amazing what growth we see during the season.
- Please see the attached calendar for our season schedule.
- SWAL meets are run by parent volunteers who help time, hand out ribbons, run time cards and gather swimmers for their events.
- Each Southside family is required to sign up for at least two volunteer shifts during the season.
- Signing up is easy. Simply follow the link here. (Volunteer sign up will be available soon.)
Optional Swim Lessons:
- We encourage all novice swimmers to sign up for swim lessons at a location of your choice. While everyone’s skills will improve over the summer, your child may also benefit from the smaller group environment of lessons with our coaches.
- More information will be available once the season begins. Payment is set by the city and arrangements can be made directly with the coaches.
|6 & Under||4:30PM - 5:00PM|
|7 & 8||5:00PM - 5:30PM|
|9 & 10||5:30PM - 6:15 PM|
|11 & Up||6:15PM - 7:00PM|
|6 & Under||3:00PM - 3:30PM|
|7 & 8||3:30PM - 4:15PM|
|9 & 10||4:15PM - 5:00PM|
|11 & Up||5:00PM - 6:00PM|